Bethany Wines launch original Picnic PlatterBethany Wines
Wine lovers from all around the world have long enjoyed our award-winning wines and the stunning views of the Barossa Valley from our historic cellar door in Bethany.
Now, in a celebration of our land and the first custodians, we’re excited to add food to the mix with our own Picnic Platter.
Presented on an eco-friendly palm leaf tray, the ‘Bethany Picnic Platter’ consists of fresh seasonal produce grown at Bethany Wines Estate, along with local delectable cheeses, traditional German meats, gourmet olives and more.
From this month, visitors will be able to enjoy a glass of our fine wine with a Picnic Platter at our cellar door while taking in some of the finest views of the Barossa Valley.
The idea to create the Picnic Platter was inspired by our ancestors, who use to enjoy picnics in and around the quarry, now home to our boutique winery and cellar door.
The Picnic Platter combined with the wine, the view – and the sense of history that resonates at Bethany Wines – adds up to provide guests with an unforgettable experience.
The Picnic Platter consists of:
- Babybert brie from Barossa Valley Cheese Company, Angaston
- Mt Jagged Vintage cheddar from Alexandrina Cheese Company
- Quince Paste from Maggie Beer, Nuriootpa
- Estate-smoked Mettwurst, Lachschinken and Leberkase from Lyndoch Valley Butchers
- Kalamata olives from Torzi Matthews, Angaston
- Dried fruit and nuts from Gully Gardens, Angaston
- Savoury bread mix from Backyard Bread, Cobdogla (Riverland)
- Gourmet crackers from Baylies of Strathalbyn
- Seasonal Schrapel Family greens, herbs and edible flowers, Bethany (seasonal).
Cost: $30 per platter (serves two), or $44 per platter (includes two glasses of wine).
Wines by the glass: Barossa Gen6 Riesling, Semillon, Chardonnay, Steinbruch Riesling, Old Vine Grenache, Rosé, Shiraz Cabernet or Cabernet Merlot.
For more information, please contact our friendly cellar door staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or (08) 8563 2099.